Monday, August 23, 2010

What does music mean to me

From the first time I touched the violin at the age of four to now when I’m studying at the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music in Singapore, the voice of the violin ringing in my ears has lasted almost 14 years. Music has been a partner with me every step of the way. What does music mean to me? It’s not an easy question to answer. Maybe music is the most essential thing for me.
Music means I chose a way how I going to live and how my life will be in the future. Because I chose to learn music, I met a lot of music friends in music school and various music summer camps, and even in the backstage during music competitions. I was sure most of my friends will be related to music. I didn’t say it’s a bad thing for me. I think I can learn a lot from my music friends. Because we all have the same sense of music, we can communicate with each other easily. Just like the friends I have, every thing around me all is related to music. The teacher whom I like the most is a music teacher. The most impressive thing for me is a violin competition I joined. Now, I have a dream to be an excellent violin teacher in the future. I feel so lucky that I chose to learn music, because music makes my life like a harmonious symphony.
On the other hand, music means both sunny and cloudy days for me. When I didn’t feel good about my practice or can not get the feeling of the piece after I try many times, I will fall into a really bad mood. On the contrary, if you find me very happy or active, the reason must be I did a good job on the violin. For me, it’s like there is a pretty nice sunny weather outside the door. In another words, music like an instrument which can reflect my emotion directly and accurately.
I enjoy music and I feel grateful about all the things music has given me.

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion, you essay almost tell me about how do you feel the music by yourselft with the music. You talking about how music give the meaning to you,and also you can get new friends from the music indirect.Secondly, you have a good emotion about music, and you drop yourself into the music at whole time.
    FengdaWei U0807437

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assumed that your life is violin, when you are getting sad, blue or happy you are feeling through your violin. You dedicated yourselves for the violin all the time, and this is how your violin sounds is.

    ReplyDelete