Saturday, January 16, 2010

Introductions and Musical Influences

Hello my friends! I'm Duanjing from China, after one month I will be 19 years old.
My hometown is in HeNan Province. I started play the violin since I was four years old, the reason I chose to play the violin is there were many friends of me learnt instruments, like Guzheng, Erhu, piano and violin. My parents wanted me to learn music, too. They brought me to meet my first violin teacher, he can teach violin and piano. I pointed the violin and said "I want to learn that!"... my mother told me this thing many years later, it sounds really amazing! Afterwards, I was admitted to Wuhan Conservatory of Music attached to primary school, I studied in Wuhan for nine years until I came to Singapore. The life at Wuhan is very important for me, I'm so lucky that I can learn the violin with Dr Li, he is a very nice teacher. He likes all of his students and treat them as his own kids, especially to me...haha! And he taught me not only to be a good violinist, we need to be a good person before we can become a good musician. Furthermore, I made a lot of precious friends in Wuhan, we still keep in touch with each other even though I'm in Singapore now. Also, I get some achievements from my major during I was in Wuhan. I took part in different violin competitions and summer camps, learnt a lot from these activities.
All in all, music has already through my life, and influence me a lot. If I didn't play the violin, I cannot met the classmates whom I'm studying with now, and maybe I don't have the chance to come to Singapore for study... Everything around me is connected with music tightly, I feel grateful about these things just because I chose to learn music.

3 comments:

  1. Hi DuanJing,Nice blog and interesting experience.I can feel that you really like the music and violin,I think that's the most important for a musician.Hope that you
    will get more achievement and like the music forever.

    Also welcome to my blog,the address ishttp://renzhutang5715.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha~!Thank you for your prise!! I still remember you said you chose to play the viola because you think the viola can express your emotion smoothly, so I'm sure you like to play the viola!
    Cheers! I hope you can be an excellent musican in the future!
    Of course, it's my pleasure to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny to think ogf the decisions we make and how they influence out lives. Imagine if you had not pointed to the violin your life might be completely different. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete